Retail stands, wooden display stands and product placement solutions
Retail stands made out of wood, produced and adapted specifically in order to provide long-term display solution for your product, lasting at least 6 months. If you compare the wooden stands to the usual cardboard stands that are seen everywhere – our stands are made from furniture material and are made to last long-term. Retail stands have one of the most important sales functions, highlighting the product and providing more information about it, which is hard to do with other types of stands.
The most common material from which the stands are made of is MDF. This material is easy to process and it allows us to cut out all kinds of shapes. The surface of the material is plane, which really helps the painting process – giving the stand an exclusive look.
The second most common material is melamine (or chipboard), which gets covered with a thin layer of lamination during the production process. This material is quite cheaper than MDF, however it has a limited choice for color.jas.
- An approximate design sketch gets drawn, taking into account the size, weight and viewing angles of the product that will be placed on the stand.
- 3D visualisation of the retail stand is produced using AutoCad, where the stand gets it’s visual scale, sizes and color, for the client to get a better idea of how the finished product is going to look.
- The next step involves the development of a technical file, which is being produced by a production specialist. This process also includes caluclating the size, weight and technical elements of every piece that the stand will be made of.
- Prototype production, where the stand gets produced from the actual material, to make sure that it is fully functional and stable.
Retail stands and additional solutions
- Interactive screen, where the product is being demonstrated with the help of sound and video the product use is being explained.
- Lighting can be used as a decoration element, but also as a practical element – to highlight the product.
- Additional accessories for the product testing, where the potential buyers can try the product themselves.
Retail stands and various accessories
- The so called “Eurowall” is a very popular way, which also looks nice and is relatively cheap. A metal rail gets installed into the wooden stand, which allows the product to be placed anywhere on the stand – horizontally.
- Perforated metal wall – a more expensive solution, which also increases the weight of the stand. However, this also allows the product to be placed anywhere on the stand, not just horizontally but also vertically.
- Shelves with various fitting techniques.
Production of the wooden stands
- It is extremely important, when choosing a supplier, to make sure that your chosen supplier can provide a 3D visualisation and production of a prototype. Also, the supplier must have special painting rooms with water walls which collect all the dust, so that the paint is equally spread on the surface of the retail stand.
- Transport. If the wooden stand has to travel long distances, the stands need to have a special transport box which will protect all the fragile pieces of the stand.
- Utilisation of the stand after it has served it’s time. On some occasions we provide maintenance or ensure utilisation and disasessembly of used stands.
Wooden stands and the factors that affect the costs
- Since the wooden stand gets produced as careful as the most fragile furniture, most of the work is hand labour, which totals to 20-30% of the total cost of the stand.
- Surprisingly, the transportation and the packing of the stand would total to be around 10-20% of the total cost of the retail stand.
- The other 50-70% of the costs consist of the material itself and the machinery used.
- The production of the prototype usually costs more than the price of one stand, however if the client decides to order multiple stands – the price of the prototype will be included in the total costs of the whole order.
Important steps to remember before the production of the stand.
- Costs of placing the retail stand inside the shop
- If it requires electricity – will the shop have a socket available
- Costs of transporting the stand to each shop
- Assembly of the stand, if the retail stand gets transported dissasembled
- Disassembly of the stand, transport and utilisation.
Our company can produce wooden stands in a disassembled way and provide an assembly manual to every stand. We can also take over the logistics and the utilisation services.
Questions about retail stands: email@example.com